Sunday, January 1st, 2012 at 12:43 pm
My 2011 in a Glance
Wow, I am so blown away by everything that has happened this year for me. It was only a little over a year ago (Dec 2010 in specific) that I stopped and asked ‘what if’. You see I was a very angry and dissatisfied person. A person who carried many voices and self-defeating personalities. A person who thought the ticket was never to look back but only to realize that in order to move forward you MUST look back and quieten those sounds. I had it all, the husband, kids, success, lifestyle-everything that made me ‘look’ successful on the outside. However, I was battling my own demons on the inside. I was pleasing everyone around me hoping that would bring me the happiness and acceptance I so badly felt I needed.
My journey began 6 years ago when I read, read and read more books. I would go through books on a weekly basis hoping to find the answer to true happiness and explanations to my misery. All I got was silence. You see I was looking on the outside for answers when everything I ever needed was inside of me. But I was too afraid to look. I had defined myself BASED on my surroundings. And I never ever thought about making any changes.
Today, I am exhilarated with life; excited about the future and totally in love with my being. There is a voice in the Universe urging us to remember our purpose for being on this great Earth. This is the voice of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us.
Lessons to my wonderful 2011
Based on that amazing 8 year experience here are the lessons I have learnt and I am so excited to share with you:
- Ask yourself: Am I happy? Do I have an authentic smile on my face? If the answer is no, know that you are not alone 14 percent of the nations on Earth are less than 50 percent happy. In fact, here is an interesting statistic: The Happiest Countries in the world are Nigeria; Mexico; Venezuela; El Salvador & Puerto Rico.
- Get out of your comfort zone. It is how we survive. Humans are meant to get out of their comfort zone; that is where creativity lies. That is how we evolved over the years. (Read my post here about getting out of your comfort zone). Despair breeds creativity-it is your choice which path to take. Once I took the challenge and got out of my comfort zone, the very least I can say is that today I am a very happy wife, mother and entrepreneur. I am making all my dreams come true and feeling amazingly optimistic about the future.
- Take responsibility for who you are ‘being’. Notice I said being and not who you are. Always think of the areas that are most displeasing to you and look inward first before trying to place blame on your surroundings. Begin with yourself and ask yourself ‘what if that is just a matter of opinion?’ hmmmm .
- Reach out. Know that you are not alone in your quest. We are all vulnerable and searching for the same thing: to be validated and to ultimately be happy. So reach out and be guided with your soul. Go with what ‘feels’ good. It may be a total stranger. I opened up to a complete stranger and by doing so it allowed me to redefine my life.
- Practice to stay connected with your genuine you. You see we carry many ‘We’s’ in defence and on many occasions the other person may take over. (See this post on Your Authentic Self vs Your Ego-it is powerful). In the words of Deepak Chopra: ‘If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It’s very important to be aware of them every time they come up.’
- Remember to always love yourself first and then build a community that nourishes that love. ‘Research within western culture suggests that once our basic needs for security, safety and health are met, our happiness and quality of life is impacted most significantly by the quality of our personal relationships – with ourselves, our partner, family, friends and community.’
resolutions PROMISE for 2012
I CHOOSE TO:
Remain in a state of openness and wonder.
Always leap into the unknown because I trust that I am protected and loved.
Always be connected to my soul and be the most genuine and authentic me.
What do I want?
What is my life’s purpose?
Is there a contribution I can make to my community or to society?
What kind of relationships do I want to have?
What is my idea of well being & how can I achieve it?
‘Your true self is always available to meet any challenge, find any answer, and show you the way out of any dilemma’-Deepak Chopra.
Happy New Year my friends. Turn your wounds into wisdom and your stumbling blocks into stepping stones.
Be your authentic self,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: SuhaSagban |Cell: (+1 647) 998 8538
Find out how I build my wealth through collecting assets and doing it for free.